Donations of $40.00 or more will entitle you to receive a copy of
Neal's Book "Wings of Man(y)" FREE along with a FREE Model of the Eastern
737 with your donation (Donate Button below).
We have a select number of this Eastern Model 737
aircraft with stand, as it was donated to us by an Anonymous Investor of
Eastern Airlines Group, Inc. We are thankful the Investor was so kind to donate
these for our Eastern members and a way to keep ongoing the Easter Airlines memory in
the public eye. We will give the Model out as mentioned above, to any contributions received until the box is empty.
All donations received, go back into EAL Radio Show Broadcast and Website. We want to keep the Legacy of Eastern Airlines going with the EAL Radio Show Broadcast, and your donation supports our efforts!
You may Donate by clicking the Donation Icon Below to take you right to PayPal to use either PayPal or your Credit Card for payment. Members wishing to send a check with your contribution, please feel free to send to:
Eastern Airlines Radio Show
Ponte Vedra, FL 32081
Thank You, we are truly proud to be “The Radio Voice of
We love you Eastern!
On the Donation Icon.
Eastern has always been an airline of “firsts”
radio show is carrying on that tradition and Legacy. Each show that goes
into our EAL Radio
Broadcast archives tells the hosts, that Eastern people enjoy talking
hearing about the “old” and the “new” as we like to think of our beloved
Eastern Airlines. We discuss Airline History, Stories, News, Aircrafts,
Humor and even Airline Commercials to approximately 1000 listeners.
broadcast schedule is every Monday from 7:00 P. M. until 8:00
P. M. ET. Hosts from six different locations discuss items pertaining to
its many valued employees and its 7300 EARA members located around the
Broadcast is taped and you can easily catch the show by clicking on our
archived files by following the directions below in red. We
want you to tell us what you want to hear, suggest special "Eastern"
guests, or tell us your favorite Eastern experience. This Radio Show is
for and about the people of Eastern. Here's
how it works!
Tune in at our regular scheduled time, 7:00 P. M. EDT by calling: 213-816-1611 to talk to our hosts or by going to: www.blogtalkradio.com/capteddie.
At the Blog Talk website: Click the button for the live sounds
of Eastern Airlines. You'll recognize the familiar "Fly Eastern" theme
music. We'll have plenty of Eastern's beautiful music played during
breaks in the broadcast. You may use the Player above by clicking anywhere on it to take you to that website to start the show or URL: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/capteddie.
EAL Radio Show
Monday, July 22, 2019
"The Last Heartbeats of an America Legacy Airline"- The Final Days of Eastern Airlines
Part II of III
The EAL Radio brings you Part ll of the last program on "The Last Heartbeats
of an America Legacy Airline" - The Last Days of Eastern Airlines" in Episode 423 on Monday, July 22, 2019 at
7:00 P. M. EDT.
- Price of fuel goes from .55 cents per gallon to .90 cents per gallon since the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait on August 2nd…not helping struggling airlines like Eastern.
- The Miami Herald reported that Eastern is negotiating to sell or lease its fleet of 13 Lockheed L-1011's to the Soviet national carrier, Aeroflot. The package under discussion could be worth between $150 million and $200 million. The company owns 10 L-1011's and leases three others.
- ALPA announced that Captain Randy Babbitt, an Eastern Captain with 24 years' service had been elected President of ALPA. Randy's father, the late Captain Slim Babbitt, one of Eastern's pioneer pilots was very active in ALPA during his career and was VP of ALPA for some time.
- In 1991 Pan American Airways filed for bankruptcy under Chapter 11.
- The flight attendants Union (TWU) rejected the proposed new contract submitted by EAL by over an 80% majority.
- Apr. 25, 1991- Eastern, a principal tenant at Miami International Airport for 57 years, has agreed to move out by the end of the year.
Listen in to hear more memories in Part ll by calling 213-816-1611 at 7:00 P. M. EDT on Monday, July 22, 2019 for Episode 423. Join our discussion or listen in by clicking the hyperlink to take you to www.blogtalkradio.com/capteddie.
EAL Radio Show
Monday, July 29, 2019
"The Last Heartbeats of an America Legacy Airline"
- The Final Days of Eastern Airlines
Part IIl of lll
The EAL Radio brings the final Part lll of the program "The Last Heartbeats
of an America Legacy Airline" - The Last Days of Eastern Airlines"
in Episode 424 on Monday, July 29, 2019 at
7:00 P. M. EDT.
EAL Radio Show
Monday, August 5, 2019
Promo Episode 425
"Flying with Arthur Godfrey"
(Photo) 1953 Captains Eddie, Arthur Godfrey, Dick Merrill and Captain NA
The EAL Radio Show broadcast goes back into our archive of Eastern History in Episode 425 on Monday, August 5, 2019, with the topic "Flying with Arthur Godfrey" at 7:00 P.M. EDT.
Our Eastern History
describes Arthur Godfrey as an avid supporter to the Miami aviation industry,
especially with his connections with Captain Eddie and Eastern. He discussed
aviation on his daily radio broadcast program, in the mid-1940s. Some other
items of interest:
- Captain Eddie became elated with Godfrey's promotion of flying and authorized him to make a promotional film for Eastern.
- Eastern Airlines celebrated the 50th anniversary of powered flight with the film "Flying with Arthur Godfrey" featuring their founder, WWI ace Eddie Rickenbacker and host Arthur Godfrey in 1953. This gorgeous color film features footage of Lockheed Constellations, early jet fighters, and Arthur's personal DC-3.
- Captain Eddie led a tour through South America in a new "Connie" and the guests on board were Arthur Godfrey, and Wayne Parish. Carried over 2.223 million passengers.
- An Eastern members, Ronald Correard loved flying at the age of 12 after viewing Arthur Godfrey's 1953 show. He also saw Godfrey on that "Connie" with Captain Eddie and in the 60’s was part of the crew on that same "Connie" and nose number.
- Godfrey was elected honorary life member of the National Aviation Hall of Fame in 1976 in recognition of his outstanding contributions to the organization. He was also enshrined there in 1987.
Listen to our broadcast to hear Captain Neal's program on "Flying with Arthur Godfrey". Call 213-816-1611 on Monday, August 5 at 7:00 P. M. EDT Join our discussion or listen in by clicking the hyperlink to take you to www.blogtalkradio.com/capteddie.
EAL Radio Show
Monday, August 12, 2019
"Famous People Who Have
Died in Air Crashes"
The EAL Radio Show topic in Episode 426,
Monday, August 12, 2019 will be "Famous People Who Have Died in Air Crashes". Though many say airplanes are much safer than
cars or other form of travel as the technology increase is making safer
flights. Some crashes we hear of are Pilot error i.e.
John F. Kennedy Jr., John Denver who was flying an experimental plane with a
known, potentially fatal design flaw.
Commercial airliners enforce stricter
regulations but Private pilots and Charter Operators can get too complacent and
lazy. No pilot should be complacent. Some famous people were: Billionaire
philanthropist Chris Cline, American film composer, James Horner, Buddy Holly,
Patsy Cline, or celebrities like Carol Lombard or Will Rogers or recently American
businessman/ philanthropist Lewis Katz.
Smaller planes can be as safe as commercial but sometimes people make dumb mistakes. Pay close attention to absolutely everything, every single flight because even one missed item on the checklist could mean the difference between life and death.
Listen to our broadcast to hear more by calling 213-816-1611 on Monday, August 12, 2019 at 7:00 P. M. EDT. Join our discussion or listen in by clicking the hyperlink to take you to www.blogtalkradio.com/capteddie.
EAL Radio Show
Monday August 19, 2019
Remember The Summer of 1969
The EAL Radio Show topic in Episode 427, Monday, August 19, 2019 will be the program, "Remember The Summer of 1969".
One of the happenings we remember: The Apollo 11 Landing on the Moon. More, later...
Listen to our broadcast to hear more by calling 213-816-1611 on August 19, 2019 at 7:00 P. M. EDT. Join our discussion or listen in by clicking the hyperlink to take you to www.blogtalkradio.com/capteddie.
THURSDAY Programs at 3:30 P.M. EDT
"From The Eastern Files"
July 18, 2019
Join us to hear more of our topic taken from the readings from our books on the Eastern History, and hear another of the memories we love to remember year after year. We depart the gate July 18, 2019 promptly at 3:30 PM EDT.
Listen in by clicking the hyperlink to take you to our Blog Talk Website: www.blogtalkradio.com/capteddie.
Old Time Radio Show"
Thursday, July 25, 2019
"Eastern Airlines History with
Music of the 70's & 80's"
We look forward to sharing the songs with you and relaying some of the great events that have happened at Eastern during that time. Join us to hear more of our topic July 25, 2019 at 3:30 P.M. as we depart the gate. Listen in by clicking the hyperlink to take you to our Blog Talk Website: www.blogtalkradio.com/capteddie.
Unearthing the 32-Year Mystery of
Crashed Eastern Airlines Flight 980 By Jeffrey Cook,
David Kerley, Whitney Lloyd, Nathan Luna
And Jason Kurtis
Dec 15, 2016, 4:30 AM ET
We have a copy of this video on the Unearthing the 32-Year Mystery, If you haven't already seen this video on the Internet. This video is in our Video Collection. Click Hyperlink.